The Chicken & Chips anthem



"One pound and fifty pence... fifty pence, fifty pence, fifty pence... mayonnaise is twenty pence more!"

I forgot all about this random song that came out years ago around and caused a little comedic heat here in east London.  These young kids, were spitting passionately about their affinity for their local chicken shop in E16, Canning Town.

The only reason I remotely remembered this song was due to a comedic yet insightful documentary that aired the other night. It was shot in a fly on the wall style, and revealed just how much England has fallen in love with the local greasy fried chicken shop.  Unfortunately for me, I cant walk 3 minutes in my neck of the woods without hitting a notoriously cheap chicken spot.  Its on par with when crack hit the streets of inner city slums in America during the 80's.

Chicken and chips is the crack of this generation. I love the passion with how these guys spit, they sound so angry but infact they are conveying their elation at the cheap price of mass produced greasy chicken. How could anybody knock this deal of a meal, or the grammy worthy appreciation for it?

A complete meal and drink for £1.50p... "If you aint got 7up then I want Dr Pepp, if you aint got what I want I'll go HF, feeling rich then I'll go KF..." 

I concur, KFC is too expensive for my pocket too. I'm proud of these guys. Better than fake thugs rapping about fake lifestyles they dont live.  Just be true to yourself, and above all have fun with it.


Red Hot Entertainment - Junior Spesh (ft. Jaxor, Klayze Flaymz, Terra.)


Joshua, TCC







Comments

Popular Posts