Transition 2012-13

As we wave goodbye to 2012 and welcome in 2013 I suppose that something we all will do is reflect on the past year and anticipate the possibilities of the dawning and imminent one. For me, 2012 was a year of transition, I have learnt a lot about myself and probably matured somewhat. I have found myself watching less and less TV, becoming more and more busy and quite disinterested with popular culture.

My soundtrack to 2012 was definitely scored by Miles Davis and John Coltrane. I have two children now and enjoy an evening at the jazz club equally as much as a night in a night club (if not more). I have written countless poems, numerous stories and a myriad of blog posts yet hardly any rap lyrics. I am growing up (and it's probably about time as my mother would argue). As for 2013 I would sincerely hope that it will bring many more pleasant surprises of self-discovery and certainly provide me with the means to continue in my quest for artistic solidarity and fledgling ideas of social equality, but above all good health to everyone. I suppose, time will tell...



David, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts