Street Canvassers

The plight of a street canvasser mustn't be the nicest one around. I see them dotted around the city centre beckoning individuals to come and talk.

If they did not have on their mishmash uniform I am sure that they would appear as though they were attempting to stalk.

They will all deploy a selection of tactics to lure you in.

The pretty girls will use their looks to try and get that hook.

The chirpy men will attempt to make you laugh.

They will give you that recited spiel about a measly £2 a month being a good deal.

What is £2 to you and I when an exotic frog is about to die.

The poor African kid is in need of a meal.

You ponder on this for a second or two.

And say no, this foundation isn't for you.

Emotional blackmail may work on lesser folk.

But it washes of my back like a bar of soap.

So, I say goodbye I certainly wont be signing.

Please leave me alone, and do stop your whinging.


Demola, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts