A minor ramble from a logical man


There's nothing worse than agreeing a time to meet someone, planning your journey time to arrive at the destination with minutes to spare only to receive a phone call with the famous words... "I'm just leaving now."

What was this person thinking? They dictated the time and the place to meet. They even have the car. They knew I'd be travelling via train. They knew I would have to leave my house at least half an hour to make it on time.

Strangely enough, they would frown if the situation was reversed. I even messaged back informing them of when I would actually be leaving my house.

So, with all this said, why have I received a call at the time they should actually be here? The conversation even began with the pointless question... "Are you there?"

What adds insult to injury is I'm given the option to catch a bus after already travelling via two trains, so that "I won't be waiting around." A bright idea that I declined.

With all today's technology, and various ways to send messages or call... I still find myself in the predicament... Sitting in a bus station, in the middle of a cold and wet London Town.

One is not amused.


Joshua, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts