Call me Jacksun, Jermaine Jacksun...

You realise that the world has gone just that little bit more crazy when certain bits of news comes to the fore.
I happened to read that one of the former Jackson 5, Jermaine Jackson, as we have all known him as over the years. Well, now he would like to be known as Mr Jermaine...wait for it; Jacksun.

Yes, Mr Jermaine states that he wishes to have his super famous surname altered for "artistic reasons." Hmm, OK then...Who am I to say what a grown man can and can not do, but sometimes you just wonder what exactly goes on in some of these celebrity heads.

Whilst applying his daily tub of head wax/butter/gloop perhaps Mr Jermaine was struck by an epiphany of grandiose proportions which resulted in him deciding that if he is to ever have a more recognised and respected music career he would need to change his surname,(slightly). So that when folk say his second name although it reads (a tiny bit) differently - when pronounced it practically, no actually, will sound exactly the same.

Of course I am just speculating, I suppose it just baffles me a little, not too much - because really it is not the most important thing in the world to be concerned with. Anyway, the word is that grease head twaddled off to a Los Angeles court to request that his name be tweaked.

I actually would like to be a fly on the wall when when his popa, Mr Joe Jackson, got wind of this happening. Even at the crispy age of 82 this cat does not mess about, just recently he brandished a pistol in a Las Vegas club (as you do). His reasons were that he gets threatened a lot and that he needs the "piece" to keep safe. Well that's alright then! You really can't argue with such a valid reason like that. We all know about how the Jackson's father was not adverse to administering some serious beat downs to his kids as they were growing up. With this dude, it's either his way or the highway. Popa Joe will gladly shoot at gang bangers if he deems it necessary. (Or his children).

So, even at his age now, I have no doubt that he still has that fire blazing in his belly for violence and battery. The mind muses on the potential conversation that could have ensued between the softly spoken Jermaine and his 'gangster' daddy... for me, it could either go two ways. The first being a short blast from Mr Joe saying: "Ah didn't raise no wax headed bwoy to be changing his name like a lil' beep beep!!" cue a pistol whipping slap across a bemused Jermaine's chops - resulting in a small delicate yelp "Ohh daddy! It's for artistic reasons." Or maybe, it could just transpire that Mr Joe merely says to his son (whilst holding him in a headlock), that: "I understand your reasons son - and if I had my time again I would have done the same thing." Then they hug it out.

I think I prefer the first scenario.



Demola, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts