Alex Cross? I think not



The Alex Cross series by author James Patterson finally gets the Hollywood treatment when it's released later this month.  Funnily enough, Demola and I once had a conversation over what we thought the ethnicity of the character was, as we have both dabbled in the odd book. We both concurred that he was possibly black, although, it's not made so obvious in what we have both read.  I guess Hollywood concurred with us too.

However, Tyler Perry to me is no were near Alex Cross material in my opinion.  Think... Chandler from Friends playing James Bond.  Idris Elba would have been more on the mark for my money, especially with 'Luther' under his belt. I mean Perry in a fight scene? Really?  Matthew Fox as the bad guy? Really? No one's taken him seriously since LOST, which he was brilliant in I might add... but come on, with books of this calibre they should have pulled out the big guns. Perry and Fox just do not fit the action/thriller box for what is a great bunch of books by Patterson.  Fair enough, no one saw Matt Damon coming when the Bourne Series graduated from book to film but that proved to be a complete stroke of genius.

I can't see this happening with Mr Perry.

The casting director is responsible for killing this film before it has even been released.

The extra long trailer is usually a good hint of this too.

A disgruntled Alex Cross fan who hopes I'm proved wrong.


Joshua, TCC



Comments

Popular Posts