Later with Jools Holland



For anybody who loves music and has watched this show, then you will be aware of how brilliant it is. If not, well, Let me explain. Mr Jools Holland is an extremely talented chap. Not only a very accomplished pianist, he also has his own band alongside being a composer, author and television presenter. The latter is what brings me onto talking about his fantastic show. Later with Jools Holland. This show, in my opinion, is easily the best and most diverse musically rich music feasts on main stream television, (BBC2). It can not be rivalled. It has been airing since 1992 (I had no idea about it back then, I was but a small dude). But over the years I have been watching more and more - and absolutely love it. I cant even recall when I first enjoyed the experience. Maybe late 90's, but every time I have caught the show I make a point of putting the remote control down as I know I will not be needing to flick over.

This programme has showcased all the modern greats and ones from yesteryear (albeit if they are still alive). What I really love about this show - is that it features every genre under the sun. Soul, Jazz, Folk, Blues, Indie, Afro beat, Hip Hop, Bosa Nova... I could go on and on. Jools Holland is a man who lives and breathes music. The studio audience are constantly exposed to fantastic talent - from artists they know - to ones they have no idea about. I would be in my element if I was to ever have the opportunity to be in the crowd.

As I mentioned, Mr Holland is an accomplished pianist, and he more than showcases this on his show - as you will frequently see him having informal chats with various artists then sometimes having little impromptu jamming sessions. Alicia Keys is one of many that come to mind in this case - playing the piano alongside her. That is just one rich example of the delectable music the show constantly serves up.

I have discovered many new artists and bands from merely watching the programme. I have no idea how they manage to book all of these musicians or indeed find many of them. The people who produce the show are on the seriously on the ball.

He always concludes with an end of year show called: The annual Hootanny. This is shown on new years eve and ushers in the (you guessed it), new year. Some people don't like watching that particular programme - as it inevitably means you are sat at home on new years and not out having 'a great time'. Withought a doubt this top quality show sails easily into our Hall of Fame. Below are some treats for your viewing pleasure.


Submitted by Demola, The Collective












Comments

Popular Posts