A Subtle Exchange


I met someone on the bus tonight, we got talking, and we talked and talked with a natural fluidity. 
The bus ride that is usually lengthy and tedious was for once too short as this most enjoyable conversation neared its abrupt ending. 

Even the extra stop didn’t allow enough time to solidify a possible continuation of the stimulating chat, perhaps through a social networking medium as the suggestion of an exchange of telephone numbers would have been far too forward at this stage in proceedings.

After all, the meeting was impromptu and the conversation was by chance, although I feel it was equally enjoyed by both parties and perhaps slightly less by chance then it seemed.

My eyes lit up as she boarded the bus, I watched her walk toward the adjacent seat and sit down, she gazed past me and commented on the gentlemen stood outside of my window who was in a rather sticky predicament of his own, I had no choice but to interject.

Her beauty inspired choice words; her giggles goaded me on, the lines of her curvaceous yet tort figure rested insatiably in a seated profile.

I missed my stop obliviously and stood up to alight the bus but not before a noble handshake and a subtle exchange of names. 

For the rest of the night I replayed the situation and dreamed up possible outcomes to different approaches, but in truth all that could have been said was said and any possibilities are left in the hands of fate, and perhaps the search button...



Submitted by David, The Collective

Comments

Popular Posts