Lucy Pearl

The current iPod playlist was getting a bit boring and I'd listened to all of the music too many times to even recall. The musical metronome finally made me conclude enough is enough - either I got some new music or I went back in time.

I went back in time.

The old iPod was sitting on the shelf. The little gizmo with the screen that flickers and momentarily disappears such is its age and wear. Scrolling through the album list I spotted Lucy Pearl, ahh, I remember this lot - sure has been a while since I listened to the album that was one of my supreme classics of the late 90's early 00's. 

The super group put together by Mr Rapheal Saddiq that included En vogue's Dawn Robinson, who stepped in the fill the berth that was originally intended for D'Angelo. Add to this DJ Ali Shaheed Muhammed and you had the eclectic  troupe that went on to be known as Lucy Pearl.

The self titled album was released in 2000 and I loved it instantly with a debut single of 'Dance Tonight' becoming an instant hit and RnB club crowd mover Lucy Pearl's one and only album became one of those little musical gems that astute lovers of Neo Soul and RnB will always speak of fondly whenever this group is mentioned. It really was that good and even now, today, it still sounds brilliant.

Chesterfield Collective Hall of Fame most certainly, an inspired choice of music to start my day... Most defiantly.


Demola, TCC  

Comments

Popular Posts