Young black and gifted



Very recently I had the pleasure of seeing a relatively new artist who goes by the name Jacob Banks. He was one of the plethora of artists that performed around the city centre of Liverpool as part of the annual Sound City. I had never heard of this chap before as I flicked through the music guide reading about the potential musicians that I would eventually choose to go and watch. I liked what I read about Jacob and, wow, hearing this kid sing live was something to behold. Simply put - he has it.

For his young years this Manchester native has a voice of somebody much older, somebody who seems to have been educated all things soulful and as a result - he sings like a veteran of the game. He was outstanding. The tone and renaissance in voice was so impressive. Jacob Banks was easily my stand out performer for the second day of a Sound City foray. Below are two tracks for your pleasure. 

Enjoy...


Demola, TCC



                                         



Comments

Popular Posts