A profound way of thinking?


I was on my lunch break when I spotted this random little sight. A chap with no shoes or socks lying on the floor clutching a pillow against his chest. A few people were stood looking at him wondering what exactly this geek was playing at.

Turns out this cat was an art student. This was art my friends. You know, modern subjective art. The whole premise of it was explained in the frame below. You may not be able to read it clearly, (sorry). So allow me to explain what his concept was.

The cushion is a light object that is representative of something much larger. This art student was using it to symbolise that fact. A mental excuse could be stopping us in doing whatever it is we would like to do etc.

The cushion is that 'small' excuse that could easily be removed but we choose to keep it in place to possibly reduce the disappointment of failure.

I have to say: it's quite a thought provoking and interesting way of seeing things. The art student had one other dude there asking us viewers questions. He asked what I thought and would it make me change or do whatever I may have been unable to do. I said no, not just because I've seen mr man lying on concrete. But I did like the sentiment.

Anyway, if you look a bit closer you will see the man lying on his back like a drunk tramp had serious corns going on on his feet - he was stupidly unaware that he could have got himself into serious trouble. We were very close to the docks in Liverpool, docks in which hungry seagulls frequent. I'm just saying...


Demola, TCC





Comments

Popular Posts