The youth

The youth, oh the youth of today. What an interesting period of life this is when you are a mere teenager. A time of self discovery, and forming a sense of identity. Teenage years can often be a variable road with many junctures that can go towards shaping an individual into becoming the adult that they will later become.

So I was walking up Bold Street, Liverpool. This street is one of the more eclectic ones in this city harbouring a lot of interesting people and shops. This street and the parallel streets are amongst my favourites in the city centre. As I walk up and down it I always notice people who are 'fashionable', or think that they are. OK, so I spotted one such person walking towards me - and I can't lie, I began to laugh to myself, perhaps giggled. Should I have laughed, maybe not. Do I feel bad for laughing...not so much. 

The person who caught my attention was male. A teenager dressed as a woman. OK, OK, wait a minute, before you jump to conclusions and think I'm one of those people that laughs at things I perhaps shouldn't, (tiny bit). This dude was dressed as a full blown lady. But; and this is the big but... he had a moustache. I'm sorry - why would a dude dress up as a woman and keep a moustache?! I know for certain it wasn't for comedic effect. He looked way too serious. Anyway, he was rocking a long pencil skirt, wedged heels and a silly blouse and a black leather jacket (I'm very observant). He also had circle shaped black sun glasses. (It wasn't even sunny, but that is another topic for another day). I just couldn't help but laugh, oh, how could I forget this golden nugget - to top it off - he was walking with a slight gangster lean. ("When I move - you move - just like that...") Ludacris anyone?

It got me thinking, if a chap wants to 'explore himself' and decides dressing up as a lady is his cup of chai latte -  then do your thing homie. You go and work it. But...if you are not ready for an operation (they aren't cheap) to become a fully fledged female and still want to look like a woman - then do it, just do it properly! At least have a shave! How can anybody in this society respect you as a woman if you don't even take yourself seriously!

To me, it's like a hairy man getting a back wax and leaving a strip of hair for the sake of it. It defeats the purpose. It really does. Oh the youth of today...


Demola, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts