Laura Mvula, best album of 2013 So far? (Sorry Justin)




I've been busy lately. I haven't had any time to catch up with much music over the past few weeks.  However, finally, I get a chance to play an artist that caught my attention quite a while ago with her single "Green Garden".

Her striking looks combined with her voice and musicality, it was obvious to me that she was the real deal. It was something I could detect.

I didn't need to read reviews from pretentious critics that work for established broadsheet newspapers.

Nope, I just knew.

Well... tonight's the night I finally pressed play on her album "Sing to the moon". Without any exaggeration, I was no more than about 15 - 20 seconds of the albums opening track entitled "Like the morning dew", that I knew.

I knew this was it.

This album is simply enchanting. Captivating. Inspiring. Comforting. Possibly the best album I've heard this year... and I'm only on Track 5.

Sorry Justin.


If there's one album you listen to right now, make it Laura Mvula, 'Sing to the moon'.


Wow... A star is born.




Joshua, TCC


Comments

Popular Posts