Cruel, cruel world

So, there I was. Standing on the corner of a road on a Saturday afternoon. Snow and ice lingering like a terrible smell. I was on my mobile phone chatting away to a friend. As I was waiting to cross the road I saw a car with a young couple in it. They looked at me, I looked at them. Then... I have thought back to this terrible occasion with anger at myself and then dismay. Wondering why I hadn't noticed it. Why didn't I look. I just didn't, It has been eating me up. It may even haunt me for a very long time. I guess I was too busy, busy talking about rubbish and then looking at them as they looked at me.

A gargantuan lake of water had found itself near the kerb. This huge plot of filth is what the wicked couple drove through - and... well, splashed me with! They splashed me! I had been covered in water. Horrible, dirty, cold water. As it happened I recoiled and shouted,(screamed, groaned). Eeeerrrr!! I've just been splashed! I've just been splashed! urrrrhh!!! Some went in my mouth! oh!! My trousers were wet, my coat and even my face had been 'washed'. I was stood there for a moment, shrieking like a demented little baby.

Yes, I was not happy in the slightest. I was in a state of shock. My friend on the phone had heard all of my cries and was laughing at me. This of course made me more annoyed. I felt like a bedraggled wet cat and she was laughing at me! Enjoying my plight. It  really did not help my spirits in the slightest. I felt yukky and my mood began to darken. My eyebrows were furrowed and I began to wish evil upon the car and its driver and passenger.

"Did you get a chance to take the registration number??" My 'friend' asked me as she attempted to stifle her obvious amusement. "NO! No, I didn't!!" Why would I do that anyway?! Why!? It's not like I am going to call up the police and inform them that I have just been splashed! They would just laugh and put the phone down on me." I replied with annoyance and a rapidly increasing feeling of abject despondency.

She continued to laugh, but for me this was no laughing matter. I wondered how people could be so cruel and vindictive as I trudged to my destination dabbing my sorry face with a bit of soggy tissue. Poor me.


Demola, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts