Ordinary Saturday

The daily alarm goes and is instantly switched off. Even before it had shrieked I had already been awake. Almost as though I was waiting for the irritating noise to pinch my ears.

Lying there for a few moments a song randomly played in my head. Duran Duran - Ordinary World. Strange... So I quickly went to YouTube on my phone to find the video. Just love this song. Consequently, I played it a few times before deciding to rise from my warm slumber in the attempt to get my Saturday under way.

Today's things to do... some objectives less than exciting than the others, never the less - they all still had a place in the day that proceeds Sunday. First, the the daily bathroom rituals followed by a most delicious breakfast delight needed to be dealt with. What to wear... black leather aviator jacket, grey hoodie slim black jeans and grey Vans completed with a cream snood and trucker cap, I was ready to step out.

The laundrette would be the first port of call. Saturated clothes needed a hot blast of continuous heat all over them. As I got ready to leave Joshua calls me. The short journey down the road was that much quicker due to a relaxed genial chat between two life long friends.

The steady whirl of the tumble drier went round and round as I gazed at it - before I told myself to stop, as I will get dizzy. The conversation still in transit. Talking meandering between various topics, coupled with a few laughs. Surveying my surroundings, the laundrette had a few people in it. The older man with his two fresh looking newspapers, he looked content as he poured over the sports sections. The older lady with the weathered face pottering about - and the bearded slightly hipster looking father with his little daughter sharing a morning in the company of washing machines and tumble driers. The daughter seemed to enjoy running up and down amid the backdrop of grumbling machines.

Laundrette finally done. Conversation still on going. A quick pit stop home - then on to the barbers. The home of ungentlemanly conversation and banter and the unspoken request of leaving your ego outside of the door for everybody is fair game for a ribbing or two. Quality music is a standard feature in this quirky shop. My barber has an extremely impeccable taste in music. One of the reasons why we get on so well.

Catch up and hair cut completed, plus, marvelling at how one of Emile Heskey's son's looks remarkably similar to him. I say my goodbyes, I can't stay and hang out like normal. It is time for me to leave - as I have a football match looming.

November chilly breeze follows my steps and I think to myself before I know it another year will be over.

Home and bag packed for my match. Still unbeaten this season, I hope we can continue this commendable feat.

Arriving at the ground, later than the rest of my team mates I get changed into my kit and we warm up. Damn it is cold. But once the running around begins the cold is not such a nuisance.

A pretty comfortable 5-nil win ensues and although we did not play so well - the current form that we are in seems to be affording us substandard performances and still winning. Or, maybe it was because we played the bottom team within our league.

Looking forward to getting home, shower and some lovely food I have laying in wait for me to devour. Just as I had envisaged and hungrily anticipated - the food did not disappoint me. Fire on, the living room is warm      and inviting, (no entertaining tonight though). The Chesterfield sofa holds up my tired, achy and weary legs. After effects of a match and the prior night of playing football. This evening is all about relaxing, watching television and eating whatever I can find, plus texting people.

Favourite programmes shall  be watched and enjoyed, a few calls are answered and before I know it; my eyes begin to lazily droop and I know my bed is calling me softly. Time to retire to my chamber. It was hardly the most exciting 24 hours I have ever had, but I don't care...

It was just an ordinary Saturday.


Demola, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts