Cat Fox

I was in the mini depths of a pesky cold. I didn't feel my sharpest. Sinuses a little awry, speckles of water in my eye.

I decided to make a short trip to the chemist. Rain droplets fell from the sky.

As I walked around the concreted corner - I saw what looked like a gingery fox.

I took a closer look... It was a svelte cat - trying to disguise itself as a dastardly fox.

It wore a loud ruddy coating, it stood still, staring intently at me with a steely fixated focus.

Not to be out done - I also stared back at this cocksure cat that was masquerading as a fox.

My head as cloudy as the gloomy grey weather. Eyes becoming watery like the puddles on the street.

Mind, somewhat hazy.

Neither of us were willing to remove our stare.

The cat fox seemed as though it did not have a care.

Its stance almost beckoned me to a fight.

Yeah, right... It was nothing but a stupid cat that thought it was a fox.

And foxes are wimps.

I had no time for this.

I had to get to the chemist.



Demola, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts