Today's Playlist


Michael Kiwanuka - Home again 

This album hasn't been listened to for a while by myself - so it started the day for me. An album which just plays so well and is very easy to listen to transporting the listener into a relaxed soulful state of mind. For a first album from a very talented man - you cannot ask for much more.


Arcade Fire - Arcade Fire

The album is about nine years old now, many people will be familiar with their big track titled: No Cars Go. Even if you were not aware that the song was an Arcade Fire song - it should ring a bell if you are into various genres of music. Not the longest album in the world, seven tracks to be precise. Having said this, seven varying songs that are all easy to listen to that range in tempo, culminating in a nice very folky sounding Vampire/Forest Fire. Stand out song from this album... I would say, My Heart is an Apple. Love it.


Selah Sue - Selah Sue 

Could not get enough of this album when I first got hold of it. Then other music found its way to me and she was slightly forgotten about. She waited patiently to replayed again and she duly was. Very solid album from the Belgium songstress. She has a really good sound and style to her music. Her voice is quite different to many female singers about and her reggae influences give her songs punch and a bit of an edge. She also showcases her softer more thoughtful side in the super mellow tracks: Mommy and Summertime. Lovely vocals and lyrics.


Bombay Bicycle Club - I Had The Blues But I shook Them Loose

For a good while a friend of mine would tell me to check out this band. I eventually did a few years ago - but didn't really listen to them properly. When I decided to get hold of an album I loved the title of this one - so went with this for my proper Bombay induction. It actually took me a while to get into (as some albums can do). But soon enough this has become a firm favourite of mine. The beats and singing, along with the whole feel of this album work well. Also, many of the songs seem to blend together nicely, regardless of the speed of prior track. It's just one of those albums that you listen to and feel that bit better. A little bop in your step and nod of the head. Ghost And Always Like This (a song I have previously featured on the blog) are amongst my stand out tracks. Really nice little album that has a cemented slot on my ipod.



Submitted by Demola, The Collective

Comments

Popular Posts