Super Sweet Brats



Sitting down to watch television a week ago - I flicked through the various channels and settled on My Super Sweet 16. It was a re - run of many episodes that I have seen over the years. Why did I bother? I have no idea, but soon enough all the old feelings of annoyance, hatred, anger and discontent started to fill up inside of me. Yes, all of those descriptive words started to bubble up like a pot of stew at an unattended stove.

Watching slightly open mouthed (not trying to catch flies), as these children displayed all the worst qualities that a young person can muster in a short show.

Where do I even begin... It goes without saying that these atrocious brats are spoilt beyond no return. Their weak spineless parents would have to admit that fact - before scuttling off back to their dungeons in fear of being smacked or rebuked by a tyrannical son or daughter.

But what strikes me is that they continue to do whatever they are told, they allow their hideous children to talk to them as though they are merely a money distributing slave/servant/idiot and they hardly ever speak back. The kids must have realised this window of opportunity as soon as they were able to group any form of words as an infant. (You can just imagine a beastly baby telling its mother that it no longer requires breast milk - but Cristal). You can tell these actions have been going on way before the exploitive MTV cameras arrived at their big homes. Now, they are revelling in their unadulterated dominance over parents who have the spines of a gold fish.

I sit there shaking my head in disbelief and awe at times at what I see on this programme - yet I still watch.
My, My, My... My party! has to be the best ever - Or, MY life is over! My party, My big day! my this, my that! (Shudder!).

The useless good for nothing hobbits demand a range of financially realistic and wildly unrealistic things for these grand parties. It's as though they believe they are celebrities (some of them actually are, or parents are, I wont focus on those). They want to impress the other smurfs in their school. They must show that they have credibility, and are the coolest person around. Basically, they are deluded, and their parents only add gas to the egotistical fires that burn constantly throughout the programme.

Some parents do get false confidence and say no, and attempt to put their foot down. But usually the child has amassed so much power (think President Mugabe then triple it) that these attempts of parental authority are shattered as quickly as hefty bank transaction - as the child  throws a strop or black mails them in some weird calculated way. The parents most usually relent like the chumps that they are.

I can freely admit that I enjoy seeing any mishaps that sometimes occur within this show. If a party goes wrong - I rejoice inside. If the child decides to say, DJ, or perform a 'hip hop' dance routine for their foolish crowd and it goes awry - I smile with sadistic pleasure. However, this is not nearly as much as I would wish for. The little bugs usually, always, have great parties - the best party anybody has ever seen in their town or city. Yawn...

The rodents that attend the parties are not spared from this rant, they always seem to be in like total awe of the newly turned 16 year old. Words such as 'awesome', and 'brilliant' and other effusive vocabulary spring to mind - when they wax lyrical about a grand entrance (via an elephant, horse, helicopter, space ship or whatever). They behave as though they can not believe they have had the privilege of being selected to attend such a wonderful party. Sigh...

Which only feeds and perpetuates the already conceited heads of the main child. We all wait with not so bated breath to see what the 'surprise' present is at the end of the party. Oh what could it be??! A car, expensive jewellery or maybe a metal whip to further humiliate an already broken parent. Generally, they just get an expensive car and make all their guests jealous and wishing they had pet monkeys for parents. Having said all this - the show does make for fascinating viewing. Oh how the other half live.



Submitted by Demola, The Collective
  

"I am like totally just the most prettiest girl in the whole world! "
"You do realise if your mum wasn't paying me big cash to be your date - I would have slapped the black off that stupid face of yours."
"OMG! I am fabulous! like a fairy!" 

  

   


























Comments

Popular Posts