Taken 2



Taken was one of the only action films I can think of, in which both sexes were equally fans.  It was just an instant classic with everyone repeating word for word the infamous phone conversation that took place between Liam Neesons character, and one of the kidnappers that took his daughter.

With alot of copycat films released in its wake, many including myself were pining for a Taken 2.  (I remember feeling seriously conned after watching 'Unknown' which actually did star Mr Neeson).

Well people, be careful for what you wish for, because against all odds Taken 2 is barely a month away.  After thinking about this seriously, I started getting confused and worried.  The plot? Hopefully this doesn't pan out to be too obvious and tedious.  Action and bravado is one thing, but we still need a bit of wit and intelligence behind a story that actually seemed to run its course, satisfyingly.

Hopefully, this ones as compelling as the first... but something tells me we are all not particularly interested in whether his daughter, or his wife for that fact even die.  We didnt like his wife, because she was with another man anyway, and his daughter was actually the most dumbest, clumsiest girl going.  To be honest, it would make no difference if they both got shot in the opening credits, you know like Jada Pinkett in Scream.

We all just want to see Liam kick butt internationally in true grandad style, sprinkled with a few cheesy phone exchanges for old times sake.

Infact, Hollywood should just stop beating around the bush and make a film called:

'I'm Liam Neeson, im old but trust me, you dont want it with me.'

Eitherway, I'll be sitting in the cinema with anticipation when this comes out...


Submitted by Joshua, The Collective


Comments

Popular Posts