A very convenient discovery





I was once in a shop, Utility for the sake of naming the place. Anyway, music was playing, I really liked what i was hearing - and asked one of the staff who it was. He told me they were called Kings of Convenience. I noted this down in my phone. Some months drifted by. I had forgotten about them.

Later that year i was abroad. The place i was staying at was playing music. Dulcet music, which quickly greeted my ears. They instantly appreciated what they were hearing. Pleasure quickly became slight annoyance. This music was familiar - yet i couldn't recall where i had heard it before - I was sure i knew who it was, the name wouldn't come to me though. I had to ask the receptionist. She was from Lithuania, for the sake of naming her nationality. Anyway, she told me that it was Kings of Convenience - and how much she loved them, and would always listen to them in the morning, and when she wanted to relax and unwind. Top information.

I thought back to Utility, and told myself - as soon as you return home you better buy this album. No, not download it, buy it. Not everybody is a pirate.

I duly did on returning. Declaration of Dependence. That was the name of the album that i had heard twice. I would start with this.

It is not even an understatement to say that this group have quickly become one of my favourite musical acts.

I started backwards in terms of listening to their albums. Declaration of Dependence at the time being their most recent album. I listened to it daily for weeks and weeks. The guitar playing and softly spoken word play and melodies really resonated with me.

Naturally this lead me on to discovering their other albums. Riot on an empty street, and Quiet is the new loud.  To put is simply - They do not produce bad music, or sub standard albums. I do not even think they know how to do so. This Norwegian band have immense talent and their music more than confirms this.

I have listened to their albums countless times and still do not get remotely bored of them.

An extremely convenient discovery. I would say so, yes.  


Kings of Convenience - Boat Behind



Submitted by Demola, The Collective

Comments

Popular Posts