Diggin in the Crates



This past weekend I ventured out to one of Barcelona's many record shops, it's been in the back of my mind for while to start up my record collection.

Yes, you read that correctly "start again" as in past tense. I was moving out of my apartment and left some things I didn't need anymore. Little did I know - that one have the bags I had left behind had all my records in, and of course sods law rules that when I went to go back the landlord had already thrown everything away.  

Vinyl is the only way to listen to the golden era of music in my opinion. You don't agree? Just think all of the greatest songs were created for vinyl use, not digital download. There's just something about getting a record, dusting it off, putting it on the turntable, setting the needle down - and hearing that unmistakable crackle. It's just not the same as digital; don't get me wrong, I embrace technology, but some things are best kept the way they were.




I'm in the processes of getting some Technics 1200s and this will be one the records i re purchase, Al green's greatest hits. An unmistakable artist - who influenced many singers today. I guess it's not all bad though. Losing my collection was a down point, but most of the fun in collecting vinyl is the hunt, diggin in crates in the back of old dusty record shops trying to find that hidden gem. 

I think it's time to bring vinyl back and return music back to the way it was...


Submitted by Abdi, The Collective

Comments

Popular Posts