The clinical shopper and the copycat


I arrived with intent and a clear purpose.

He was browsing like a whatless water buffalo.

I located my target and swiped it with the quickness.

Stunned by my clinical speed and unmistakeable good taste, he quickly picked up the same film and began reading the back.

(It's cool. This usually happens to me. I pick up an item like a pair of trainers, and a soulless copycat starts sniffing around like a hyena shamelessly waiting in the wings for scraps).

My mission wasn't complete. The Blueray version was out of stock. I clutched onto the DVD version as I scoured the shelves in vain.

I stepped back, and regrouped. Do I buy this dusty DVD for £10 now, or do I go to another store in the middle of a rainstorm and get the desired Blueray version for £3 more?

I wasn't happy with either options.

Instinctively, I honed in on the whatless browsing copy cat. He was now putting a Blueray copy of the film back onto the wrong part of the shelf.

My eyes lit up. 

I teleported infront of him and unashamedly went in for the kill.

He looked like he had just dropped the winning lottery ticket.

I spun on my heel and briskly walked off.

Like a stone cold assassin cooly exiting a hotel lobby after commiting murder, I was a consummate professional and downright brilliant. 

(All that aside, I really can't wait to watch this film tonight!)



Joshua, TCC 


Comments

Popular Posts