PERSEPOLIS

Some of the best films I have watched in recent times are the ones in which I have somewhat stumbled upon. These type of films usually lie in the world cinema section at my local HMV store. 

On perusing perhaps my favourite section the animated cover instantly caught my eye. And on reading the synopsis I was further intrigued. 

Persepolis charters the life of Marjane Satrapi. A biographical story following her many adventures during the tyrannical Iranian revolution to a teenage exile in Vienna, Austria, where she discovers the benefits of freedom can be just as shocking as the repressive regime she was forced to leave behind.

This excellent film took me a short while to get into, however, when I did I was completely enthralled by the animation, charm and insightful and touching true story. The quirky, skilful animation is spot on and I fully appreciated how it was used to depict a story in a pretty unique and interesting way.

Persepolis is one film that I certainly would recommend to anybody that wants to venture a little left from conventional run of the mill films.


Demola, TCC   



Comments

Popular Posts