Why is it always me?!

I suppose I can answer the question - but why should I have too. Why do these people choose to ask me such things?! Anyway, this is what happened - I was leaving work, about to make my way home. And what you will read next is exactly what transpired...

"Er, hello, excuse me - do you know where there is an ATM around here?" Said an older looking man, his accent was not English, he was American.

"Hello, yeah, not far from here, around the corner," I replied.

He looked confused, so I offered to take him to it. He talked as I slowly rode next to him. First time in Liverpool from some city in America I can't even recall the name. However, the conversation took a dramatic turn.

"Erm, I have another question for you - but I don't want to offend you..." I looked at this older dude with curiosity.

"Go on..." I said, raising my right eyebrow ever so slightly.

"Do you know where I can purchase some weed?" (So, this was the potentially offensive question).

I rolled my eyes (I think) and was a little taken aback. What a surprise! Do I have marijuana exporter or affiliate tattooed to my face?!?

My reply: "Well, no, not around here." (We were basically oustide a shopping centre complex). "If you want anything like that you would have to go into the 'area'." (and good luck with that you silly tourist fool).

He rambled on about how he smoked weed everyday and that he had a card (which he showed me) that in America states that he can have so much on his person. I really wasn't interested. I showed this sucker to the ATM before riding off feeling a pinch of indignation.


Demola, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts