Spoken word

Tell me, my friend, what is spoken word? This intriguing term used by the artistic fellows. A man once told me that spoken word was fine things spoken from the learned speakers mouth. Enthralling words that could take a room captive, compelling everybody to listen and take note. He then added, wonderfully, that such words worked better when spoken with meaning and beautiful sincerity. One adept at spoken word play often had the ability to gather a collection letters and weave them together to form into succinct words, phrases and sayings. Of which would charm any listening ear. Yes, it is true. Have you also heard? Heard what? Some say that spoken word is clever word play, diction and skillful poise. Words spoken with great flair. Careful use of language, pitch, delicate noise. Reaching deep into the hearts of the listeners, from old to new - seasoned to beginners. Spoken word is what makes many thrive. Interested, happy, alive. We take pleasure in hearing choice words. The way they are spoken, their lovely transcending flow. The correct words have the ability to resonate, soothe and make a dull heart glow. Wow, that is truly something indeed. It really is. Marvellous, fantastic. Thank you for telling me for now I know. This spoken word art is one of expression. A declaration of passion. A passion for what you love. Speaking with conviction about what is true. My friend, I have enjoyed speaking to you, and you I. However I have go. So on that note I shall bid you adieu. 


Demola, TCC 

Comments

Popular Posts