Rain Therapy


This was taken last night. I was waiting in the car while the Missus and her sister got Chinese food from the local takeaway.

While sitting there minding my own business, the scene before me got me thinking. Here in the UK, rain tends to get a bad rap. 

This is probably down to the fact we get way too much of it. "It has been the wettest month of 'INSERT MONTH HERE' since records began", is often the mantra of the weather channels here. This of course, can get quite depressing. (Especially since I can't go and play out without getting sick either).

However, I strongly believe that rain at times can be beautiful and stimulating. From the soothing sounds it makes, to the intricate and playful dance the rain drops do down the window. 

There's nothing quite like sitting in the comfort of your own home nice and cosy, whilst a thunderstorm displays its awesome power outside, rumbling and grumbling. I even tend to open up the windows, just to hear it even clearer and smell the intoxicating scent of raw nature in the air.

Rainstorms are terrifically beautiful and mysteriously therapeutic. 

Deep down, we all need a little rain therapy. (In moderation of course).


Thamesmead, London.


Joshua, TCC 

Comments

Popular Posts