Chapter 1. The mystery men

The ominous black clouds swirled violently above. Sparks of lightening lit up the deep purple sky intermittently, the air became thick and the atmosphere was electric.

Just then a lonely figure dropped to his knees. His fists clenched and his knuckles firmly pressed into the ground. He seemed to be in visible pain and distress as he shook his head.

As his body began slowly trembling, the heavens above instantly opened up and gave way to a rainfall of epic proportions.

The leaves and litter near to him began to swirl slowly, growing with intensity they almost begin to resemble mini tornados. 

Then it dawned on me, was this lonely figure actually causing this weather phenomenon I beheld? 

I stepped back as this realisation instilled a sense of fear in me. I'd seen this stuff on TV and in films, but nothing could prepare my mind and body for this in real life. Was this really happening?

The solemn hooded figure, now slowly ascended to his feet as the heavy rain splashed all around him. He stood with an air of great authority and purpose. 

I moved to a better vantage point, only to see that he wasn't alone. Another figure was slowly walking away from him off into the distance. 

What happened? Who was this other mysterious figure that seemed so nonchalant? So unaffected?

Blue sparks started to flash erratically around the distressed figures fists. The sparks of electricity was reminiscent of Raiden or some other character from a Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter arcade classic. 

All the while the wind was growing with more intensity and it became increasingly difficult to stand without constantly having to readjust my footing. 

I had no idea what was happening but I didn't think it was wise to hang around any longer as the adverse weather conditions had slowly worsened and now the sky was completely black, even though it was barely two in the afternoon.

Just as I decided to grab my backpack and get the heck out of there, I noticed the hooded figure turn to face the other figure which was still casually walking away seemingly oblivious of the sudden dramatic atmospheric change around them.

Then things got real weird... All I could do was swallow the excess saliva that my glands had overproduced during all the commotion, and look on in absolute disbelief. What happened next defied all the conventions of reality.


To be continued...


Joshua, TCC 


Comments

Popular Posts