Chapter 2. Speech Bubble


What seemed to resemble a speech bubble out of a comic strip, had now appeared above the first mysterious figure. 

It hung perfectly in the air and appeared to be neon lit and even flickered slightly. So bright was the speech bubble, that it illuminated the immediate area. 

The mysterious figures hooded head and shoulders became bathed in an electric blue glow where he stood motionless, underneath and slightly askew of the bubble.

I squinted, blinked a few times, furrowed my eyebrows and rolled my eyes to a set point while pursing my lips. The expression on my face must have resembled the look people make when confronted with a loaded question, impossible to answer without getting royally stitched up.

My eyes were asking me all kinds of questions my brain simply couldn't answer. How was any of what I was witnessing remotely possible? 

I squinted with intent, heart beating, and began to read the words contained within the bubble.


To be continued.


Joshua, TCC 


Comments

Popular Posts