The things that people do when they are in love

I really have to be careful with what I say here. I have heard all about the wrath of 1D fans. Nevertheless, I just feel compelled to say what I think. One Directions Zayn Malik, (if you didn't already know about this staggering piece of news then I will tell you). This kid, probably due to a huge epiphany one day decided to get a tattoo of his girlfriend, Perrie Edwards (Lil Mix fame) etched on his right bicep. 

Wait a moment, I think I can hear tumble weed knocking at my door. (Or is it my neighbour requesting to borrow 30 pence again). OK, OK, so the kid is 'in love' and wants to show his girl just how much he loves her. And what better way to do that than to get a cartoon tattoo of her face on his arm. It's actually a good job I'm sitting down as I type this.  

Is it just me, or is it just me - but, really?!! Anybody (with even a smidgen of ) a brain knows that even the archaic, as it seems, gesture of getting a tattoo of a partners name on your body is extremely dodgy behaviour. Basically, this is like due to the (sad) fact that you could easily break up, and, well, what then, exactly! The disgruntled tattooed person then attempts to change a, let's say - 'I love Carol' into a - 'I love err, Carrots.' We need to have empathy for people with foolish brains. I can fully imagine and not really sympathise with a situation like that to be pretty trying for the person involved.


Allow me to be pessimistic for a moment. Zayn Malik is a young 20 year old chap. He's good looking and in the biggest boy band in the entire world. Girls love One Direction like they are gods and go ballistic like mental idiots. The dude must constantly be chuckling as he counts his chickens before they have hatched. So, unless you're a bit naive and don't know how things go when a young bloke is in a boy band then I will enlighten you a little. Boy band members have girls, women throwing themselves at them as though their lives depended on it. It's just one of those things that is accepted practice. Good looking or having a face only   a mother could love, boy band members are up to their necks in female bootay. One Direction are no different. Zayn will be no different, and as commendable as it may be that he at his relatively tender age has decided to become involved in a 'serious' relationship when he could be stuffing his boots is admirable to say the least. But call me a cynic - the boy is 20, 20, 20... His current occupational status hardly lends itself to a sedate existence with a misuses that involves a 'normal' life which has less or minimal temptations that I am sure regularly presents themselves to a group of young virile cats who love to party and drink and, you get my drift. 

I have danced around this bush for long enough. A tattoo of your girlfriend, not even wife's face in most settings is bonkers enough - but when you're in a huge boy band travelling the world and having females throwing themselves at you - to then get such a harebrained tattoo is either very optimistic or very, very stupid. 

But hey, who cares what I think. For the sake of these two love birds I hope that they stay together until they are decrepit. 

Having said that, does anybody really believe that will be the case.


Demola, TCC 


Comments

Popular Posts