The forsaken shoe

It's been a couple of years since I had the snazzy inclination to purchase these shoes. I guess what appealed to me about these Jinks Cola's was their risqué/daring colour, you could say that they're 'out there.' So, due to the fact that I like things a little different, and because I had some wonga in my pocket I bought them. With the intelligent foresight that - in the glorious summer months they would adorn my feet as I pranced about in the sun. 


Summers have been and gone and so have trips abroad. As for the pretty shoes, well, they have not even made their way out of my home. Let alone acquaint themselves with my feet. 

In their dark, boring box they have lain, waiting ever so patiently for me to wear (bust) them - but, you know what, I just haven't. They are hardly an everyday colour. Plus, the neighbourhood in which I live in doesn't exactly embrace a dude trying to get his pastel pink Clarks on. Regardless of however much I don't particularly care about what others think.

Shoes like these have to be worn when the bright luminous sun is out, that much is true. And they must be worn with something that looks really good, (fitted fuchsia trousers and a canary string vest, perhaps). The attire that complements such shoes has to be spot on otherwise I could be in gross danger of looking like the proverbial idiot about his business. And I'm really not down with that.

The summer clock is ticking away, something must be done before the autumn/winter season sneaks up slaps me across the backside and if that does happen - the image of a man finally sporting pink, (pastel coloured, I'll have you know) shoes in the colder seasons really is not the look.

It really would be fashionable sacrilege if one goes against the code of a season. And if I am to be stubborn and decide to wear them when it's too late then I would only have myself to blame for looking like a bit of a wally. 


Demola,TCC 

Comments

Popular Posts