The superhero

You don't come across these types of beings every day. They often go undetected within society, you may notice them but you would never suspect a thing. I feel that I should have realised sooner. 

Eventually I did...

The genetic molecules and intricate chromosomes started to connect together and it forced me to weigh up all of the strong evidence that had been presented before my watchful eyes.

What you will read next may intrigue and baffle you somewhat but I have to say it. It's been nibbling away at me. I think, well, I have very strong reason to believe that David's two year old son, Brayden, urm, that he is a superhero. In that last sentence I may have just (semi) unwittingly given away his potential true identity when he is old enough to develop a sophisticated alter ego.

I know, I know... It sounds crazy for me to say such a ridiculous thing. Like come on - a two year old boy, a toddler - being a superhero, it's absurd.

I'm fully aware of how it sounds, but, please, bare with me, I will present my case.

David's son, (try to forget his name) aged 2. Little dude who one could say is average height for a child of that age. He looks regular enough nobody would ever suspect a thing. 

Well I have... And my suspicions are mounting.

OK, David and I, maybe David more likes to train in a local park near to where we live. In this park we train with our personal trainer friend and other folk. The training is particularly tough and not for sissy's. So that's why David goes more than me. The training consists of a multitude of Grecian apparatus incorporating body weight exercises, mighty body challenging feats.

For as long as I can remember David has been bringing his little son with him. At first this baby would sit in his pram and watch the men going through their paces  processing everything that he saw. Making mental scribbles in his baby mind. 

When he was able to walk he was also remarkably able to imitate the things that he had seen. Way before the stars aligned and the lunar moon shone before his second birthday he had been lifting his own body weight, doing assisted pull ups and preforming whatever else took his fancy. He did these things as though he had always done them. His strength was growing rapidly.

We would all look and marvel at this amazing child who seemed to soak up these arduous exercises like his nappy would soak up accidents. 

This kid had started to get a taste for challenging his body. I began to observe how he often would run/toddler amble up the parks steep hill to view the landscape. He did it a lot come to think about it, running around as though he was exploring the spacious surroundings. He was establishing his domain. 

You're probably thinking - now this is very silly  - how does a toddler who displays an aptitude for tough exercise and running around in a park constitute to being a 'superhero'.

Well, I haven't finished yet. Once this toddler in question was on his customary wanders whilst we worked out. (David often allows him to do so while he watches providing he doesn't go far). This occasion the little chap started to venture a bit too far. David instantly beckoned him and told him to come back. His son turned around and looked at his father and didn't move. (The atmosphere was tense and pulsating). An act of defiance? (Peter Parker and his uncle?) Sensing a seismic battle I quickly intervened and told him that I had 'sweeties'. What happened next took my breath away. The speed and velocity in which he bolted down the hill startled me. No two year old moves that quickly. (Dash from the Incredibles?) My brain began to tick loudly. 

Hmm, sweeties, could these sugary treats potentially be his downfall, his 'kryptonite'. (I didn't have any sweets by the way, I just said that to him). 

"Aeroplane in sky..." He has told me of many things that he can hear. Dogs barking close to us, motorbikes moving past across the road. To me these are prime examples of more than astute supersonic hearing. He hears things and reports them instantly. He is a little fountain of vitally important life saving information.

His memory is almost impeccable. Just the other day he told me that he went to the zoo. He recounted the animals that he had seen. (Perhaps through x-ray vision?).

Are you seeing an amazing pattern emerging?

David is my friend but he doesn't even realise that he has fathered the next saviour. That his toddler is potentially going to save mankind from the clutches of evil and destruction. I know a superhero when I see one, I've watched enough films to appreciate the real deal. 

This kid is the 'chosen one'. He may not even realise it yet. But he will when the time is right. (And he will embark on a journey of self discovery to find himself) And when that time does come and he has to decide on a 'name' and costume I will be there for him. To guide and nurture him through the precarious world that lies ahead. 

I honestly wouldn't be too surprised in the slightest if I see him in the near future wearing his nappy over his little trousers and his bib moved to behind his shoulders (flapping in the wind) standing on top of that hill with his hands on hips looking intently at us training ready to dash to the rescue of a hapless screeching person struggling with one of the tough workouts. (Me probably).

With great power comes great responsibility... 

I think he's almost ready. 

And if my suspicions end up being proven to be wrong, and I get scrambled egg on my face then I will hold my hands up and admit my slight error of judgement. However, having said that - Brayden will always be a little 'hero in my eyes and I'm sure in the eyes of his parents. 

To infinity and beyond!





Demola, TCC 





Comments

Popular Posts