The perfect summer mix - I'm back from my hiatus

Kaytranada Boiler Room LA set

The rumour mongers are out - where has Abdi been?!?! Some say I was abducted by aliens (typical). Some say I have been seen doing walk on parts for B-list made for TV movies in America (possible). Some say I was taken to Guantanamo Bay for further questioning, (doubtful). Some say the last whereabouts was on a dance floor in a Barcelona night club doing the Dougie (occasionally). And, some say... It's been due to laziness... (likely), whichever story fits the bill shall remain in folklore, now to the original reason for this post.



Kaytranada, who hails from Montreal Canada is a producer come DJ, who mixes a range of genres to create a unique sound that will surely please the most hardy of music critics. This has defiantly been my go to mix this summer, whether at home or at the beach or relaxing in the park, this is defiantly a feel good vibe. Kaytranada uses a lot of his own remixes combined with other artists songs to deliver in my opinion one of the best Boiler Room sets (don't mind the girls in the background on their phones, it's a very common occurrence in Boiler Room  videos).
Coincidentally, fellow TCC member Demola came to visit me in Barcelona recently and on a not too uncommonly hot day at the beach, I thought I'd play some music to add a soundtrack to the goings on.

Unbeknown to Demola I was about to play the same mix I'd been telling him to listen to for the last few months. Long story short - Demola couldn't get enough of the mix to which I subtly reminded him about his lack of faith in my choices (character assassination).


Abdi, TCC


Comments

Popular Posts