Desk revolution


What kind of revolution could I fashion whilst I'm chained to my desk?
Armed only with a cardboard cup, a glossy magazine and a broken mirror.
The web access is monitored - the pens are all ball point and the sprawling glamour that populates this magazine is grating upon my insecurities.

The manager is looking, should I even be writing this? 
Maybe she'll think I'm working if I just carry on typing.
What type of revolution is this? 
This is pitiful, pathetic, apathetic, rhetorical, satirical. "maintain empathy while dealing with customers" 
(regardless of their qualms and quarrels).

How did I end up here? 
What happened to my morals?
I once swore never to wear a suit and work in an office,
I always wanted to be different.
but it is difficult,
and here I am.
This is not a revolution,
Just something I do in my spare time...






David, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts