A modern day legend - Mr X - Account Three

He had finally and fully introduced himself to David and I, (more so David, they swapped numbers) and the class with his extrovert ways and humorous sounding northern regional accented tones.

This guy, Mr X, was as 'interesting' as he was bizarre. I just couldn't help but laugh heartily, like a naughty school kid (although I knew I shouldn't have). Every time he spoke and displayed his pretty unique histrionics I lapped it up gleefully, perhaps with a sprinkling of cringe here and there.

Without a shadow of a doubt I had never met such an individual and what made him even more brilliant was that he was blissfully unaware of exactly how humorous he was. He entertained me wickedly. The other people in the room were more polite than I and stifled their bemused laughter much better than I was able to do - my laughter dams had been broken and every time he basically spoke I cried to myself whilst looking at David. 

I was in the presence of a modern day legend, a man who wanted to spread literary peace and love. Mr X, also, was not just about his kooky style, no, he had a whopping dose of substance to boot.

Laughing at him rather than with him perhaps wasn't the nicest thing one could ever do but it really couldn't be helped I must stress there was no malice attached to my amusement. (Honest).

Time moved on from that evening class and I began to catch sight of Mr X somewhat sporadically. Primarily in the city centre, this is where I began to realise that this extravagantly put together man would display his quite empathetic style.

Chain mail tops. Paint dosed trousers (or were they ballet tights?) that one wonders how he hoisted himself into them such was the eye watering tightness of their nature. Robust boots that wouldn't have looked out of place in a western film. A plethora of ethnic jewellery and odd bits of body bits and bobs adds to an always rambunctious attire completed by a statuesque (like really high) top hat. Yep, Mr X would strut around the city centre as though what he was wearing was completely 'normal' (in the realms of 2013).
 
This man was beginning to establish a mini cult hero status for David and I. His sightings were rapidly becoming something quite fascinating to behold.
 
To be continued...
 
 
Demola, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts