A modern day legend - Mr X - Account Four

A slight feeling of unease fell upon me as (of all people) I was paired up with Mr X for the writing exercise, I didn't quite know what to expect.  He claimed to be the author of over 700 poems, written in less than a year, these dwarfing figures would make any budding writer a tad feel inadequate.

For the exercise I had to interview Mr X, pick his brains, perhaps scratch the surface of this impressive enigma. Like a highly coveted artiste he gave nothing away, answering in half sentences and speaking in riddles and conundrums - I felt quite uncomfortable. With my defences lowered I yapped away nervously, bearing all about my writing aspirations, hopes and dreams, much to Mr X's apparent intrigue. He expressed his wishes to stay in touch with me as a fellow writer so we exchanged details, but after some issues with my mobile phone I lost all of my contacts including Mr X.

Since then there has been various sightings but I have never taken the initiative to approach the modern day legend (that's if he would even recognize me) as I fear that bad timing could conjure up any manner of unpredictable behavior.

To be continued...



David, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts