Just a thought...


So, I finally saw Man of Steel a few days after the initial release. I failed to blog any reviews or thoughts due to my fellow TCC member Demola being the authority on all things Superman around here.

However, since watching the film I've been plagued with something I believed I saw during the latest Superman film. Everyone at work had continually asked me about it, since somehow nobody has actually got round to seeing it yet.

As I gave my verdict on the film, I always raised this issue with what I believe I saw.  (The most recent conversation taking place this morning with a security guard with whom I'd had previous dialogue with regarding going to see it).

During one particular dramatic scene in the movie, I believe that they morphed the late great Christopher Reeves face into the current actors face.

The scene lasted a few seconds just long enough for me to immediately call it. However, it was kinda like a UFO sighting. The person I was with would claim I was seeing things, and completely oblivious to the moment that just took place.

However, to me, it was one of the most magical movie moments I've ever experienced. So surreal, that at times I completely forget it happened and then when I do remember, I subconsciously chalk it down to insanity.

If you think I've lost my marbles, the specific scene was the most crucial point within the film, when Superman flew into the gravity force field being shot down by the enemy craft... As he flew upwards directly into the beam which inevitably led to the crafts destruction. I'm convinced the creators did a little visual trickery on us and morphed Christopher Reeves into Henry Cavill's face. The scene was an extreme close up which had the intensity of the visual effects of radiation and light factoring into it, that possibly made most fail to witness it.

I know what I saw. I called it immediately. Hands down best part of the movie, and possibly the greatest surprise in movie history that I'll ever get to see within my lifetime.

Then again, perhaps I was just hallucinating?



Joshua, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts