The special day - part 4

Outside of the wedding hall and it was a time for photographs and cordial conversations. It was just so nice. The unusual September sun was really in a pleasant and giving mood for this day and people seemed to be in good spirits. I, by now, was feeling much better. Far more relaxed - as I strutted about in my gorgeously coloured suit giving people the wink and the gun, not really, mainly greeting with them hugs and handshakes. Joshua and James looked like dapper dudes as they caught up with an old friend. I observed the amount of people that wanted photographs of the new man and wife, and, also, the wonderful array of people and ethnicity's present.

One of my uncles was in full traditional garb, the colours he was sporting were supremely vibrant. It looked like he had truly walked through a rainbow on his way to the wedding. One cousin of mine was wearing jeans. To a wedding?!! But, I suppose, that was just her way of 'keeping it real'. My snazzy red trousered cousins little daughter looked pretty as she dotingly followed her father about. My mum looked her infinitely elegant self in her traditional dress and my dad continued to fly the refined flag for good handsome attire.
My sister really looked splendid. Simply marvellous. The make up artist hadn't been allowed to go wild with the face paint - as my sister is already naturally attractive, so it was fitting that her beauty was skilfully complemented as the she shone and glowed like the sun in the cheerful blue sky. The groom must have been very pleased with what he saw.

The groom was looking smart and debonair and his trusty grooms men wore matching suits like humble footmen as they all vogued for pictures. The bridesmaids had even scrubbed up really well which was nice to see. I've known these girls for years. Some better than others and it was nice to see them come together to celebrate my sister and grooms big day. I later found out that there had been a bit of murmuring about who should have been chief bridesmaid. For me, that wasn't very important as I am certain my sister valued all of the their contributions equally.

After the hall, the plans were to go to a picturesque park for the customary official wedding pictures. The 'official' photographer looked a bit dodgy in my opinion, but that was just a semi fleeting thought that crossed my mind. There would be no problem getting to this location as it was not far from my home. There was not a chance that the three amigos could get lost again. in spite of this, our stay at the park couldn't be a long one as I had to get to the reception venue to set up the music that I would be playing at some point that night.
The park was in fine form that day as everybody stood and milled about for photographs. Some got a bit pushy with how they wanted their pictures taken. "Stand out the way, you're crowding my shot... blah, blah, blah!" She blabbed.  There was one such woman who slightly got on my nerves, if it wasn't for the auspicious occasion I would have been perhaps tempted to accidentally shove her into the duck pond.
 
We left the park earlier than the bride and groom and made a quick pit stop at my home before heading to the city centre venue. On arriving at the anticipated and prior viewed, via their stylish website, I got to see at first hand an amazingly adorned, charming decor of a reception. I just knew it would look great, but in the flesh as to say - it looked even better. The delightful furniture arrangement, the pretty disposition of the candles, the mood lighting; basically, the overall vibe of the place to me summed up my sisters delectable taste for how she would have liked it to all look and it had come together exquisitely.
I had arrived ready to set up the laptop and to begin playing the soft background entrance music as requested by the groom. However, there was to be a chap already there, the 'wedding singer' who would prove to be a bit of a nuisance in my backside and in the backsides of others...


Demola, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts