The Soprano's


I remember creeping downstairs late night to watch 'The Sopranos' years ago when it still aired on television.  I was perhaps slightly too young to grasp the depth of this show in its entirety, but anyhow I was a die hard fan.  Years later and I am re-watching the entire catalogue of the show. (Currently on season 4 episode 9)

Set within the sinister world of the modern day 'mob' out in New Jersey, it deals with the obvious but thats just the basic cinematic fodder.  Its the dynamics of the strong alpha male characters, how they balance their public bravado with their private shameful weaknesses, their individual relationships and their collective integration as a mob which leads you down dark paths, with dark laughs.

With that, I induct 'The Soprano's' into our hall of fame.

Submitted by Joshua, The Collective

Comments

Popular Posts