New Life

Collective Inspired...

I rarely venture out in daylight, my habits are more akin to nocturnal ones. I have been accustomed to this way of living for as long as I can remember. I prefer it this way, It suits me better, I hated it when I lived in the country. I still have many family members that still live there. I no longer have contact with them. I hope that they are well, I really do not know why they stay there. We were never made to feel welcome. People would often look down on us. They treated us as though we were a nuisance, and pests.  Unworthy to live in the country, to inhabit the land that our creator made for us to all share. Many of my relatives were persecuted. Just because of the way they looked. Our faces just did not fit, it is very sad that this must be the case.


Why would evil and wicked people want to chase us from our homes, where we felt comfortable. The sad thing about it is; they seemed to take great pleasure in pursuing us in the way that they did. I was tired of running, running and hiding. From people who did not want us around. Those individuals thought that they were better than us.


Now I live in the city, I am a completely different type creature now. My innate habitual habits have changed. Sunlight is a feature of the past, nightfall really excites me. I feel more street savvy and in tune with this new world. I have no fixed abode, I prefer it this way. I do not feel unwanted and persecuted for the way that I look. Or for the colour of my skin, that is irrelevant here. I take each day as they come along, I do not have much, but I get by in my urban surroundings. I have had to adapt and find my way within a city were I can almost go unnoticed. A svelte shadow, that if you are not aware off you will never see.


When I am noticed, people seem astonished to see me. Almost startled, but having said this, that is all. They do not chase me, they do not fire long weapons at me. They do not try and kill me.

The city is my home. I will stay living in this urban jungle, I will know when it is time to move on, hopefully before the bigger inhabitants decide they do not want my sort around.


Until then I will carry on as I have done. Living, and breathing; as a Fox.

The End..

Submitted by Demola, The Collective

Comments

Popular Posts