The Lane

Home sweet home. What a nice feeling. It's good to go away but better to come back. Isn't that the saying? Well this time it's a not quite as clear cut. The dour weather up north is a far cry from what was served up in the capital. Oh well, this is England after all. The bike keeps catching my eye. Arh man. I've seen so many of your kind in London, you know. A crazy amount. You would have loved it. So many colours, so many styles. Making me want to ride around those areas with the other cats. Join the fixie brigades of Brick Lane or perhaps Shoreditch. Yes, you sure would have loved it. Oh don't look at me like that. OK, OK, I'll take you for a little ride. I know you've missed me. Crikey. I guess it's got to be done. C'mon, let's go.

It's just me, well, us. Whizzing down the road. Listening to the soundtrack of the year, never mind what Joshua had to say about the vocal ability of Devante Hynes - I will pretend it's better than it is. What a difference this road is in comparison to the streets of E1. Sparse, manic free, composed. A far cry to that of Brick Lane . That place was crazy, vibrant, colourful. Cool. Hipsters sauntering along like armies of ants. Fashionistas vogueing up and down the place, herds of tourists and then some. A cauldron of all categories and types. Then there was my brother and I, bopping about the place admiring improviso art attached to walls, doors, buildings. Unconventional placings, unconventional artistic expressions. Quirky art, mad art and most of all - free art. Anywhere and almost everywhere. All amidst the backdrop of outdoor urban playground. The renowned stretch that is Brick Lane. 

So there we were, enjoying a fine sunny day. An afternoon peppered with laughter and chat, vintage shopping and me purchasing a snazzy fedora hat. Coffee shop chilling - plus bicycle admiration galore. Loving the contemporary street art and graffiti, alongside the shops that made you wish you were rich. But we're not so we made our way out of the door. And as-per-usual plenty of photographs, snap, snap, and then a some more. Which of course we just couldn't help. Naturally.


Demola, TCC
 


 

Comments

Popular Posts