The weather

"I don't think I like the look of the weather today..." He mused on this thought for a few seconds as he continued to gingerly peer out of his window. Outside was gloomy, it was grey. It had begun to look very miserable. 

"But I need to go out. I am meeting somebody. I have to go out. It's not actually raining, although it is a little nippy. However my coat will keep my bones warm. That's it - I'm going out." 

He looked down at his watch. "If I leave within five minutes I will be there on time. Punctual." He turned and looked at the screen in the corner. An interesting programme about home renovation was due to commence after the three minute advertisement break. "Ah, I love this programme," he sighed to himself. "But I will give it a miss - I'm going out." He trudged over to his lifeless duffel coat hanging up behind the door. Putting it on in a slow, methodical fashion he zipped it up before looking towards the window. 

"Is that droplets of rain I can softly hear tapping on my double glazed window? Moving over to the window he inspected it. "Yes, thought so. Rain is afoot," he said to himself. He rubbed his chin then turned around and scanned the room for his old umbrella. He couldn't see it. "If I can not locate my umbrella I just won't be able to venture out into the outside world." He declared. "The droplets of rain may become a deluge of biblical proportions and that deluge will soak me through and then I will become saturated to my core. Then I will become sick... I just can't do that to myself. "

The television programme had begun with earnest. His eyes lit up as the home for renovation flashed across the screen. Sitting on the arm of his sofa he thought about the weather outside. "I'll give it five minutes to see if the gathering droplets abate and the gloomy grey dissipates."

Ten minutes passed. The programme was as good as it always was, the dishevelled home was undergoing a much needed make over.  "I'll just watch a little bit to get the essence of today's show." He looked at his watch again. "If I leave in five minutes I will be a tad late but not too late as too seem tardy." He nodded his head nobly    as he gazed at the window.

The grey skies outside of were growing darker. It really does look terribly uninviting. Perhaps a storm is a foot. He rubbed his chin and decided that a cup of tea would be a good idea before setting off. "Yes, a quick cup of tea will warm my insides up for when I go outside and make my journey. I'll make it in the next ad' break." 

The ad' break came. He watched most of them, laughing at the funny advertisements that he always laughed at then went to make his tea which was made with two generous sugars. Walking towards the window again the weather looked even more unpleasant than before. He looked at his watch. "If I leave after this programme finishes I can make my excuses due to the state of public transport. To me that is a believable and reasonable untruth."

The droplets had begun to multiple somewhat. Tapping on his window with fervour. "If I go out in this gloomy weather not only will it dampen my clothes but it could potentially dampen my spirit. Is it really a good idea for me to do that to myself?" He rubbed his chin as he pondered this.
 
Sitting on the arm of his sofa drinking his tea he decided that he wasn't entirely comfortable. "I really should sit down in the bosom of this sofa. It's quite uncouth to sit on the arm. I know better to sit like a juvenile." He looked outside again then took a sip of tea. "This really is stoking my internal fires. But because I am wearing a coat indoors I will not receive the coats  full benefits when I go outside. I know what - I'll take it off for a few minutes as to not confuse my body when I am outside." 

Taking off the duffel coat he returned to his drink and finished it, then looked outside. "The weather really is quite ugly, it's beginning to affect my mood. But I have to go out. I have arrangements. Not going would be bad form. I'll go in five minutes. Yes, give it five." His stomach grumbled. "Was that my stomach talking to me? I must be hungry. I shouldn't ignore my body. How can I deny my needs. Let me quickly make something for myself to eat to give me the strength that I may require to battle the elements." He nodded to himself as his stomach grumbled again. 

"I know what -  I will cook some of that frozen chicken  I have languishing in the freezer. It's been there for some weeks now and it does need eating. It really is bad manners to waste food."

Tiny droplets of rain continued to gather on his window as he got up and slopped off to kitchen.


Demola, TCC 


Comments

Popular Posts