"You look like Grace Jones!"

Ah, my sister was a cute little thing when she was a youngster. Small little thing with braids and her munchkin self. We did have a lot of laughs together. We loved watching James Bond and one day I decided to say she looked like the crazy black lady in one of the films. (I didn't know the woman's name though). Anyway, let's just say she wasn't impressed. It just so happens that Joshua was present and knew the name of the actress and laughed out loud saying my sister was "Grace Jones!" Oh how we laughed. (Him and I). My sister, (maybe not so much). Of course she didn't look like this startling looking iconic Nubian woman - but that didn't matter, she was Grace Jones! I had wanted a cheap laugh at my poor sisters expense. And Joshua like the good friend he was helped me in doing so.

Ah, wonderful memories. 



Demola, TCC

Comments

Popular Posts