Monte Carlo nights (Four)

"I'm sorry, don't do this! Please - I'll get your money... I just need more time!" Fear was spreading through his body like an ugly disease and had now infected his drawn out face. 

The night sky was a dark shade of sinister. The air felt crisp. A passionate wind blew sporadically as the two robust men holding him intensified their vice like grips.  A tall, slender man in a grey suit walked nonchalantly towards him. His footsteps tapping along the hard ground. He stopped, then peered directly into the dark eyes of the frightened man. As though he was gazing into the deeper echelons of his soul. He then spoke in a calm, direct tone. 

"Do you really expect me to believe your lies?" His lurid look unwavering and serious.

"Yes, trust me, I will - please...I just need more time. Please..." He whimpered. Tiny beads of sweat forming a collage on his furrowed brow.

The tall man narrowed his eyes whilst slowly shaking his head before gently stroked the face of his captive. The wind swirling like a majestic dancer around them, before subsiding for a moments respite.

"I am sure you could, my dear friend. But of all the luxuries I have, regrettably, time is not one of them. I am truly sorry it has had to come to this."  He nodded solemnly at his brooding hench men before turning his back and walking away. 

The wind howled violently as though it was attempting to drown out what then ensued behind him as he walked back towards his vintage black porshe. 

His phone vibrated as he moved. Stopping by his vehicle he reached into his trouser pocket and took out the handset. He had a message. From her. His face expressionless as he read what it contained. She was leaving him, she had had enough.

She was leaving Monte Carlo.


Demola, TCC 

Comments

Popular Posts