Two wheels, one man & one plan




Two wheels to escape.

One handlebar to get away.

Two pedals to change the landscape. 

Whatelse can I say?

Two feet, two hands, and one simple plan, damn... I'm the man.

Handling the handlebar, pedalling somewhere far until it gets dark and the stars come out...

...and if my best friend still lived on Frith road, I'd go... and knock for him, telling him to come out, so we could ride out, go by the Thames and watch the tide roll out...

...But I can't do that, because him and his family moved out a while back, and I've since recovered from that heart attack.

So I ride solo, but still get about, dodging death darting across roundabouts, no man down, just a man about town.

I've been doing this since Walkmans and cassette tapes, since Ladders and snakes, since Bambi slipped on frozen lakes and old grannies would go out of their way to give me slices of Batternburg cake.

Two wheels to escape.

One handlebar to get away.

Two pedals to change the landscape. 

Whatelse can I say?

Two feet, two hands, and one simple plan, damn... I'm the man.



Joshua, TCC 




Comments

Popular Posts