Chapter 3. Fresh trainers and Hardoukens


"HOW DARE YOU STEP ON MY FRESH TRAINERS?!! FOR THIS YOU WILL PAY!!"

OK then! I thought to myself now even more confused. This guy mashed up the weather because some random guy mashed up his trainers? This guy's got issues.

The blue neon speech bubble slowly began to fade away into the thick black air.  His fists were now flashing in a more seamless fashion, appearing to generate more power. It looked like things were about to go up a gear.

The imagery I beheld was an intoxicating backdrop of London city enhanced by the deluge of rain, sharp bursts of lightening, topped of with a highly fitting soundtrack of heavy deep prolonged thunder.  As much as I was scared beyond all comprehension, I was in complete awe and wonderment.

The perpetrator casually walking away had finally noticed something was quite right with the universe, but it was far too late for that guy.

Just as he began to turn around, he was struck with a huge deep purple/blue fire ball of energy which sent him flying into the depths of darkness and beyond. He literally must have ended up clean in another postcode.

I immediately hit the deck and ducked for cover, even though I was back far enough not to be affected. However, I wasn't taking any chances and my body was making decisions based on the fear that my mind wasn't even able to process in real time. Instinct is a strong thing. The fear in me was so real I could literally taste it. Seeing a real life "Hardouken" will do that to you.

All this because some guy stepped on his trainers? I pondered again. But then I began to slowly sympathize. I myself had been the victim of this absolutely soul destroying crime many times in the past.

The storm began to subside, and the wind slowly calmed. Shards of serene sunlight broke through, although the dark clouds continued to linger.

The mysterious figure no longer appeared to be generating electricity, which was a good thing all round.  He bent down, and gently brushed his trainers with his finger tips, then stood back up and lifted his right heel to the side to check out the back.

"Who is this guy!?" I muttered under my breath. Instantly, I was immersed in a blue electric glow which immediately exposed me in my as of yet, secluded vantage point.  A neon speech bubble had now popped up above me, with the words I had just muttered. As I looked up at the bubble bemused, I knew I had been rumbled. This was not good. When and why had I begun talking in comic style? I'm the only actual normal person in this entire equation!

I stood up quickly and began to wave my arms frantically, trying to help along the fading process along, but all in vein. I kept muttering under my breath, each sentence constantly popping up above my head, drawing more and more unwanted attention to myself.

"Damn it!!!" Was one of the last things I think I said before I finally gave up. I quickly turned to look for the mysterious figure, but it was too late.  He was heading straight for me as the neon lights from multiple speech bubbles rained down on me.

Frozen in fear, I stood there like a wasteman watching this madman walk towards me...



Joshua, TCC


Comments

Popular Posts