When in Rome


I arrived in the beautiful city of Rome a few days ago and in the short time that I have been here I have found myself completely overwhelmed by the culture, the historic architecture, the laid back lifestyle, the wine, the coffee the gelato, I could go on.

So far Roma has failed to disappoint and even exceeded my expectations. Every morning I leave the apartment and stroll across the street to Re- basilico, a quant little cafe that you can come to for coffee and pastiera in the morning or for wine and pizza in the evening, or both.

Naturally there is a lot to see in Rome, with all of the ancient ruins and grandiose structures from the day's of empire, renaissance art. Architecture is everywhere so for a culture vulture like myself Rome is simply breath taking.



Oh how I've indulged; gelato, caffe, vino, cannolo, panini, birra, pasta and pizza. Everything is delizioso and readily available. I get a sense that the enjoyment of life is almost compulsory if not compulsive here and as they say: "When in Rome."



David, TCC


Comments

Popular Posts