Jose James

New music is always a welcome thing for me, especially if it's great. I have to say, David is putting me onto some excellent music at the moment. The irrepressible Robert Glasper and now, Jose James. 

I was in my friends home and he was playing an album of the previously unheard of, (to me) Jose James. 

Naturally, my ears were intrigued with what they were hearing and I enquiried as to what he was playing and he casually told me. 

To cut a not so long story shorter. The album, 'Black Magic' has now joined my iPod familia, and I'm scratching my head thinking - where has it been all of my life. It's simply fantastic.

Soulful, mellow, mature, calming. This is gorgeous neo/soul music with lashings of jazz thrown into the mix. Add to that delicious piano playing and delicate vocals that tug at the senses this is one fine album. A musical delight. (No wonder David's baby daughter has such a happy disposition if she is constantly exposed to great music like this).

Jose James - Black Magic 


Demola, TCC 




Comments

Popular Posts