Valencia


Barely slept, briefly dreamt.
I can't remember much, so there wasn't much to discuss other than turning up on time and arriving by lunch.
The customary Starbuck's followed by a complimentary paper, then inevitably...
I fell asleep...
I'm not usually accustomed to going through customs before breakfast, this was a holiday to a different beat.
Woke up over a thousand miles later and one hour in the future.
Took off over two hours ago, now I'm taking off my T-shirt,
Demola covered in dirt...
Some cheeky kid pelted him with a handful of sand,
Damn...
Now it was boy versus man.
He gave chase, on the other hand I was convinced this was a waste of time,
So I... smiled, reclined and soaked up the sunshine.
40 minute bus ride or a 3 hour walk?
Now my knees hurt from that knee jerk decision,
Adjusting my iPod wiring while standing here admiring the architects futuristic vision.
Roof top pool back at the hotel,
Not a motel, or Holiday Inn.
Me and my brother just kickin' it the middle of Valencia,
Discussion's worthy of MENSA members,
Dissecting peoples agendas to societies propaganda,
To the whimsical, like who's hotter Stacey or Amanda?
Thanks for the trip my brother,
The next ones on me,
Perhaps I'll take you to Mauritius so we can kick it on my Grandma's veranda.


Joshua, TCC




Comments

Popular Posts