Boy vs Man

So, there I was lying on the sand basking in the abundant warmth provided by the glorious sun.

A sleepy haze was over coming me as I lazily began to drift off into the inviting realms of sleepy town. The atmosphere was perfectly conducive for a little nap on the golden sands beneath me. I probably had a little smirk on my face as I dozed off. However, that didn't last for long...

Suddenly! I was jolted awake! I had been covered in sand! Bitty sand all over me! In my slightly confused state I looked around curiously and quickly focused on the perpetrator for my sand debacle.

It was a little boy no older than seven looking at me intently as though kicking sand on a sleeping man was not enough - he had to then stop and admire the damage.

I instantly furrowed my eye brows into a perfect v shape at the little tyke and rebuked him in his language. He was still stood there looking at me. Was this kid mad?! I then told him to beat it in a more aggressive manner than even MJ (hee hee) could have ever mustered - he then asked me 'why' to which incensed me a little further. Eventually, after my annoyed face coupled with latin inspired animated words and gesticulations registered with the boy he decided to run off whilst I grumbled to Joshua at the brazenness of what had just happened to me. 

Joshua said a few words as I was now stood up shaking my towel and then self free from the avalanche of sand that I had come my way. I was still irked when I felt a smack on my bottom - I quickly spun around and saw that it was the little chico again! Wasn't el hijo del diablo content with covering me with sand that now he wanted to hit me and scurry off along the beach. 

Oh no he didn't! I couldn't believe his audacity! However, I had to laugh somewhat as I begrudgedly told Joshua  sharply: "Oh this boy is naughty! 

Affirmative action had to taken. There was no way I was going to allow a little runt to make a mockery of me just for his own wicked delight. No way! I grabbed my large bottle of water and proceeded to march after him (with the intention of dosing the demon). By now Joshua was fully interested in my plight and was watching as I forged ahead (with the hump) in pursuit of a child who had humiliated me on foreign sands. 

The more I trampled along the sand the more I thought - what am I doing - I'm about to administer calculated revenge on a minor. Things could get out of hand and the British embassy may have to bail me out of a Spanish prison due to premeditated water dosing.

Having said that, I would cross that bridge when I came to it. I had designs on coldhearted retribution - I was going to teach this rat a lesson. I could see him in my sights - but now he was unfortunately with what appeared to be his family. It wouldn't look good if I attacked him with water in front of his mama and papa, hmm, no, well - he started it! I was merely finishing it.

We were now by the beach showers amongst a gaggle of potential 'witnesses' that would surely testify with glee against el negrito if push came to shove. I still had my indefectible frown blazoned on my face and a sizeable bee residing in my bonnet as I glared at the little boy who was oblivious to my looming presence - he had probably terrorised that many people that day to even remember my now conniving self.

Hijo del diablo was in very close proximity  as I flashed him a glaring disgruntled scowl and simultaneously threw water over him. Startled and confused he looked up at me. I instantly asked sternly: "Do you want more?!" To which he shook his head and quietly said no. I suppose, in retrospect, it was a silly question to ask when I think about it.

We were both by the showers - so he was going to get wet anyway so a crazy man with bottle of water probably confused his brain. My relenting persecutor decided to ask me if he could use my shower to which I said yes, I decided I wasn't really that angry with the rascal anymore as I moved aside and thought how silly this whole episode had been.

A beach treaty had perhaps been established between myself and a mischievous scamp of a child who had decided to wind me up just because he, well, felt like it.

Kids eh...


Demola, TCC 



Comments

Popular Posts