The Kings and I

Sleepy eyes, a sleepy head. This persistent cold weather doesn't make me want to leave my bed. After some belated moments grasping onto the precious few more minutes that I could - I suddenly and theatrically threw off my warm cover and sloped to the shower. The hot water and soap cajoled me into waking up. The constant pouring of temperate water felt really quite nice, I could have stayed in there for an hour. I didn't.

Shower and all of that jazz done. Dressed and looking presentable, breakfast was that familiar delicious pleasure for me. Some push ups in front of the TV and Lorraine, she wasn't paying too much attention. She was interviewing an actor from the latest G.I Joe film. Yawn... at the thought of another instalment of that nonsense.

Which coat shall adorn my back. A bigger, warmer one will do the trick. The lady that talks about weather said it will be colder today, and for the rest of the week. Bigger coat it will have to be then. Baker boy hat and wrap around scarf. Backpack too. Fixie, yep, that'll do - let's go.

Wait a minute... what will the soundtrack for the morning be... Last night I closed the day with 'Quiet Is The New Loud'. So, today, why not begin with 'Declaration of Dependence'. Still to this day I love and enjoy Kings Of Convenience like it was the first time that indifferent summer some years ago.


This group have something about them that emanates a nice sense of calmness and every time I experience their music it never fails to affect the mind. That girl in Barcelona sure was onto something with her choice of morning music. Splendid.





Demola, TCC



Comments

Popular Posts